Welcome to East Creek Community Centre
East Creek Community Centre is a catalyst for community development.
Our dedicated paid staff and volunteers have provided services, support, advice, advocacy and professional development for over 30 years.
We work with community groups and individuals throughout Toowoomba.
East Creek’s programs are for everyone – children, adolescents, young adults, seniors, people with disabilities, multicultural groups and those who are socially isolated.
We encourage all members of the community to participate.
Please refer back to this page regularly for any major updates / public service announcements. You will find any such announcements directly under this heading.
——— Updates / Public Service Announcements ———
Notice Regarding OzHarvest (May 2022)
To all service users who receive OzHarvest food support on a Wednesday or a Friday from East Creek, please be advised of the following rules taking effect from May 2022.
– In the interest of ensuring fairness for all recipients of OzHarvest, and given the overwhelming need in the community, we are limiting all individuals to no more than 1 collection per household, and request that recipients only come either on the Wednesday or the Friday, but not both days.
– We are requesting that all children who are in attendance when OzHarvest deliveries arrive, do not take directly from OzHarvest deliveries. Instead, we request that they pass on a request to a responsible adult to take any particular goods for them in their place.
– If a recipient is taking goods for multiple individuals / families, you are to notify the Centre Coordinator or a member of staff and request permission before before taking multiple bags / increased amount of goods from OzHarvest.
– We ask that all recipients bring their own bags to place any OzHarvest goods into. The Centre does have some bags available, but due to limited resources, we may not be able to provide bags in all instances. To avoid disappointment, please ensure you carry your own bags with you. If you wish to donate any unused bags of your own to the Centre, we are grateful for anything members of the communtiy are able to offer.
– Delivery times for OzHarvest are an approximation only. The Centre is unable to guarantee exact arrival times due to factors outside of our control, and therefore, we request recipients to be patient and understanding of any delays / cancelled deliveries.
– Similarly, the content of deliveries are decided by OzHarvest and not the Centre. Therefore, the Centre is unable to gurantee the aviailability of specific goods, and request our recipients to be open-minded about what is available.
– If there are any concerns or qeuries, please direct them to a member of staff and they will do their best to assist you.
To make sure that we can continue to provide OzHarvest to individuals in a manner that maximises freedom of choice for our recipients, we ask all recipients to be considerate of others when receiving goods from OzHarvest. Thank you for your understanding and for your continued support of our community.
NILS Loans (Early June 2021)
Please be advised that for enquiries pertaining to the No Interest Loans Scheme (NILS), East Creek is unable to commence or process any applications, as we have not been responsible for provision of NILS Loans since the conclusion of the Energy Savvy Program in December 2019. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes. We can, however, assist with form filling and Justice of the Peace services as part of the process once the application has been commenced at a current NILS provider, like the St Vincent de Paul Society. Please contact them on 1800 846 643 for should you wish to commence a NILS Loan request.
Message from Bea…
Stay up to date with developments from our Older Person’s Action Program (OPAP) Co-Ordinator Bea. From social groups to outings with friends, there’s sure to be something on offer to appease all eligible individuals.LEARN MORE
Tales from the IT Corner
That stubborn computer / phone / tablet / technical thingamajig not behaving the way you want it to? Drop by the IT Corner, and have one of our skilled, friendly and patient volunteers take a look, fix, and / or teach you the in’s and out’s, no matter the issue. We run our affordable ($3.00 – $5.00 per session negotiable) one-on-one sessions that go at your own pace to make sure you’re never left behind, so give it a try.
Spelling it out with the Community Literacy Program
Primarily aimed at adults and those of a non-English speaking background (but open to anyone with some English understanding), the Community Literacy Program (CLP) supports those who struggle with certain elements of English literacy and numeracy. These tailored sessions include one-on-one 1hr / week contact time with an experienced tutor that focuses on your area of need. Call the Centre to arrange a time without CLP Co-Ordinator to get started.
Contact us / Feedback
Please fill in the form below if you would like to get in touch with us, or email / call us at the methods made available below. If using the form below, please ensure you that your contact information is correct, or we will not be able to get back to you.