Message from Bea...
Welcome to another month with OPAP
The planning for our Grand Opening on the 17th April is gaining momentum including the collating of the recipes for the cook book, which we will be selling as a fundraiser. Alison is doing a great job and making it look very attractive and stimulating to try out a new recipe.
On Thursday 28th March is the Toowoomba Royal Show Holiday and ECCC will be closed and therefore we are not attending this month’s Morning With The Stars. The show is still on at the Golf Club and you are welcome to make your own way to the show. Kathy Drummond is always very entertaining.
In April the Morning with the Stars falls on ANZAC day, and there will be no show as well. This must be the first time that we are missing out on two consecutive sshows. Hope to see you all for the show on the 30th May.
Just a reminder for the Morning Tea at the Movies, it is for the first time on the second Thursday of the month, the 14th March. I thank you all for your flexibility. The price, unfortunately, has gone up by 50c to $6.
The International Women’s Day celebration is on 6th March from 10 am – 12 pm, let’s create a ‘Balance for Better’. Please join us for this event, morning tea provided as well as a guest speaker to enlighten us.
Warm regards, Bea.
Download the Latest OPAP Newsletter
The Aim of OPAP
To provide support to seniors by assisting them through social and personal development activities to promote confidence, self esteem and independence. Linking vulnerable older people to local services and social support networks. Raising awareness of the needs and issues of seniors whilst breaking down the barriers of those who are socially isolated.
- Broad, flexible, stimulating and strengthening program of activities.
- Personal activity packages that are customised for client’s needs.
- Assessment points to support the client towards independent management of their program.
- Personalised introduction at client’s first activity appointments to lessen anxiety and increase retention.
- Strengthening agencies work with older people.
- Provide opportunities for trained volunteers to work within the OPAP program.
- Community wide celebration of older people’s achievements and contributions.
- To encourage and support Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and CALD older people to participate in the Program.
Social, recreational and educational activities are offered through East Creek Community Centre, which include, but are not limited to:
- Community bus trips
- Guest Speakers
- Friendship Support
- ‘Safety in the Neighbourhood’ Information
- Morning with the Stars
- Walking group
- Eating with Friends Program