Message from Bea...
There has been some confusion about the big move back, but now we have a definite date, it is Monday the 19th November. The centre will be packed up on Friday the 16th November. Once everything is completed and the gardens are newly landscaped, the improvements will be fantastic for a long time in the future.
Our AGM is on November 15th, all welcome, please see page 2 for more details. Some of our activities are coming to an end for the year in November, like Morning Tea at The Movies, Morning with the Stars and we will have our Eating With Friends Christmas break up at the Farmers Arm in Cabarlah. Please book early to give me time to organize car-pooling.
The Centre’s Christmas Party is scheduled for the 13th December, yes the end of this year is in sight and the temperatures are rising steadily.
Warm regards, Bea.
Download the Latest OPAP Newsletter
The Aim of OPAP
To provide support to seniors by assisting them through social and personal development activities to promote confidence, self esteem and independence. Linking vulnerable older people to local services and social support networks. Raising awareness of the needs and issues of seniors whilst breaking down the barriers of those who are socially isolated.
- Broad, flexible, stimulating and strengthening program of activities.
- Personal activity packages that are customised for client’s needs.
- Assessment points to support the client towards independent management of their program.
- Personalised introduction at client’s first activity appointments to lessen anxiety and increase retention.
- Strengthening agencies work with older people.
- Provide opportunities for trained volunteers to work within the OPAP program.
- Community wide celebration of older people’s achievements and contributions.
- To encourage and support Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and CALD older people to participate in the Program.
Social, recreational and educational activities are offered through East Creek Community Centre, which include, but are not limited to:
- Community bus trips
- Guest Speakers
- Friendship Support
- ‘Safety in the Neighbourhood’ Information
- Morning with the Stars
- Walking group
- Eating with Friends Program